Wednesday, 18 March 2015

SHADWOING

 


 
SHADWOING STUDENTS

Today we had to follow students in different class rather than talking and mentoring them in different art classes. I was placed in a year nine science lesson with Mr Byrne however they were doing a revision so they didn’t really have much to say so I took notes on how the teacher got the class working and interactive with the lesson. The class were quite good and quiet they were year nine so they didn’t really misbehaviour. However in the afternoon I was placed in a year eights maths class. This lesson was very different to the others that I have witnessed. Year eights themselves are always up to mischief and testing the bounders of their teachers. The class had some children that were misbehaving in the lesson and I found that teachers have different ways of dealing with different types of behaviour. However I was sat near one of the students that kept misbehaving and saying things he shouldn’t have been. Then when I was sat next to him and helped explain how to do his work he settled down. I hated the way the students would put themselves down saying that they are stupid and they don’t understand what the teacher is saying. However they don’t help themselves by shouting and misbehaving in the class when the teacher is talking. When I sat and broke down what they had to do they seem to get it really quick. I found that some of the students try to show off but by sitting them down and making them realise they have more potential to do well. When they got the right answers they were so happy with themselves this was rewarding.
.
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment