With having all these lectures, talks, discussions and
placements I have been given a lot of information about different aspects of
teaching and about how to share my art experience with others.
The key points I have found in my reflection to my practice is that most of my work would appeal to more of the disability children and people with learning difficulties because I have found that children or adults with learning difficulties focus more towards the arts. My art work is very multisensory and hands on and sometimes this is what the children need to express themselves. For them it’s a form of communication.
The key points I have found in my reflection to my practice is that most of my work would appeal to more of the disability children and people with learning difficulties because I have found that children or adults with learning difficulties focus more towards the arts. My art work is very multisensory and hands on and sometimes this is what the children need to express themselves. For them it’s a form of communication.
Art is all about expressing yourself and what I have found doing art within the DACA you have to do art in a certain way. This frustrated me as an artist because I found art should never have certain limits.
When I went to DACA on my placement and I was talking to some of the students about what kind of materials I use they seemed amazed and shocked. They have never hear of any students using these types of materials before. With the students being shocked by my work, I demonstrated to students some simple techniques and processes. The students have never been showed these techniques before and seeing the student manipulate the simple techniques in different ways influenced me as an artist. I was getting showed all these different points.
I thought I wouldn’t enjoy teaching the students however
what I did enjoy doing was showing the students different processes. I found intriguing
because they just seemed amazed by all these different styles and techniques.
From this and having the discussion about the people with learning difficulties
has strongly influenced my idea within my development because this was my most
exciting time. I found that you can influences these children and adults with
your art. You almost build a bond with the students and having that influences them which
influences my work because of my work being all about multisensory.
I want to
influence the students with the materials I use. They influences my art work in
loads of unique ways and the influences are strong and that is what some people
need with learning difficulties. They need that strong influence to help them
to have an understanding in what is going on and how to express themselves within
the art materials.
The students with learning difficulties and disabilities really interests me because of the fact you have to try harder. I feel like some of the students will push you to your limits and that’s what I want to achieve. I want to be pushed all the time because it helps me grow as a person and an artists.
I want to influence the students in different way but use
art and materials as the main key points. All these points are what I want to
explore further because this all link to my art practice because of the
professional context behind it. My professional context is all to do with
materials and senses which links with the learning difficulties as these are
what some of the students use to commutate.
The students with learning difficulties and disabilities really interests me because of the fact you have to try harder. I feel like some of the students will push you to your limits and that’s what I want to achieve. I want to be pushed all the time because it helps me grow as a person and an artists.
Rachel Curle- Jelly
Rachel Curle- Neons
No comments:
Post a Comment