On my first day of placement I was a bit undecided on how
I would feel about mentoring some of the sixth formers because I knew how I
felt when people were trying to help me and the fact I didn’t want their help.
However I found that some of the sixth formers wanted our input on their work.
A student that was interested in learning new skills from us was Ella Louise,
we taught her some textiles techniques that she will keep forever. Ella Louise
now has these skills to manipulate in any way she wants because we have taught
her the basics. I enjoyed sharing what I have learnt with others because
everyone has a different outcome and this influences me within my practice.
Talking to some of the teachers that were there, they spoke about how this placement is good experiences. They also said that it is good to experiences different ages to teach because different ages have different inputs on how they interact with the lesson.
Talking to some of the teachers that were there, they spoke about how this placement is good experiences. They also said that it is good to experiences different ages to teach because different ages have different inputs on how they interact with the lesson.


No comments:
Post a Comment