The new discoveries I have made within this unit that
reflects on to my practice is how my work appeals to the multisensory learning
style. Also that I wouldn’t want to become a teacher. With being teacher there
is to many things to consider and the scenarios you have to consider. I am too
much of an overthink and stress over the littlest of thing.
I have discover that teaching isn’t for me because it has
informed me that in my practice that practical work is more important. I feel
that I don’t have understand of what I could teach the students. I know that I
have an edge and a different angel I approach things to however I couldn’t
always think of objectives and aims. In teaching you always need objectives and
aim and I wouldn’t be able to create these.
My engagement with other such as the collaborative side of
my work was different because I have never work in such a big group for a
project and to have us from different art backgrounds I thought would make it
harder. However having us from different background help influence each of our
understanding towards the workshop. The things I didn’t like from working
collaborative were that some people weren’t putting the same amount time and
effort into the work. People weren’t contribute as well as other and this was
frustrating. I felt that some people didn’t make the effort which made the
whole processes and planning more stressful than it should have been. I commit
to what I needed to do because I didn’t want to let my group down. The aspects
that I considered I have developed are how to work well in a group and how to
discuss arguments. Also how to resolve them quickly within a time limit.
The aspects I would improve upon next time in the future is pick your group wisely and to make sure everyone contributes well in the group. This could be achieved by make a time management plan the group have to stick to. Also people need to turn up for meetings instead of reeling on others to do the work.
The choices I made for this project all came from showing
the students a good experience through art. In my microteaching I chose to work
with more materials because that is what my background is about. My aims and
learning outcomes are all about experimenting and having fun and that’s what I
wanted to students to have during the workshop.
MICROTEACHING
I did research about what I wanted to create with the
students beforehand as I wanted them to have this learning aspect of how to use
materials within their art work. I showed some of the images of different
artists work to my peers and they were amazed by what I found. This is where
our idea of colour and emotion came from.
Within this project I have learnt that, I have all these
ideas which could be interesting to many different types of students and
children. However I feel the most important thing is that my work would appeal
more towards the students with learning difficulties. This is because of my
main influences of my work. The influences are all to do with senses and from
this project I found that students use this as part of their commutation.
I could see myself developing this aspect of working with
the learning difficulties students to help them develop ways of commutation
through the use of materials. This is what I thought worked best for me
throughout this project which was my use and understanding of materials.
My future ambitions for my practice after doing this
project is to look more carefully in to what materials I chose and why I am
choosing them. From what I have learnt in this project I know that my choice of
materials relates to some students and their use of commutation. Learning about
the students and adults with learning difficulties has effected the way I look
at my practice now because I see my work being more about multisensory.
After learning about all this it has motivated me to think
more about why am using these materials in my practice and what am I trying to
commutate. Also I did like planning my microteaching and showing off how I you
can change the way you work with materials. I enjoyed showing that art can
still be fun and it is all about having experiences within your work.





No comments:
Post a Comment