Tuesday, 12 May 2015

12th May WORKSHOP AT DACA

After all this planning we finally did the workshop. Colours and emotions was successful. The years sevens seemed to of loved their whole day. Our lesson plan was so good and everything was going to plan I got over my laughing fits and talked to the students as if I was a real teacher. They all were getting involved and engaging with our workshop.

However after dinner we had the powder paint fight. This was stressing me out because the students were too busy throwing the paint rather than listen to what they had to do. The first problem was that we couldn’t do that fight outside because of the schools dinner times so we had to use our back up plan which was to use dust sheets. This was ok because everything was cover and the children had all these overalls on and they were excited to see what was happening. However there was a plan of what colours to throw and when to because we did want them just throwing around at each other. This didn’t go to plan because the students weren’t listen to my peer and they weren’t being controlled. This was stressing me out because it wasn’t going to plan. It was a massive mess.

In the end I had to take control because I thought I was going to have a breakdown. In the end we had to think of a backup plan which was to get the children to do an individual drawing to express what they felt today. While we were doing this others were cleaning the room because nothing was going right. That is what I thought however my other peers thought everything was going fine however am a stress head when things don’t go to plan.

Overall the students had fun and learnt about colour and emotions we had lovely feedback on our t-shirts. Plus one of the students wrote my name in bright orange and I asked by did you chose that colour for my name and she said that it’s because am always happy.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment